FindAGoodOne.com is committed to preserving your privacy, protecting your identity and safeguarding your financial details. Whilst the nature of the site makes it necessary for us to make your opinions known publically, we will do our utmost to keep your actual identity secret.
No personally identifiable information about you will be published unless you have provided those contact details for the purpose of publicising your company in a listing on this website. In all other cases, the only identfication that will be published along with information such as feedback is the postal district in which you live (i.e. the first part of your post code).
No payment card details or bank account details are prompted for by this website or held on this site's database. All payments are handled by a dedicated third party collection agency employing sophisticated secure server technology to ensure the maximum protection for your sensitive financial details.
Details of amounts paid/due are held on our database. These are only available to you and to our staff for accounting purposes. Your payment history will never be shared with any third party whatsoever.
Our Use Of Your Information
- We may use the contact information you provided to contact you regarding your registration, or any other matter that we consider relevant to your use of our site.
- We may contact any referees provided by tradesmen during registration in order to ensure the accuracy of the information provided.
- We may contact members in order to verify the accuracy of any feedback left on the site.
- We may use your IP address to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
Sharing Of Your Personal Information
We will not divulge any of your personaly identifiable information to any third party whatsoever. The only exceptions to this are:
- When you place a listing for your company on our system, your details will be available to visitors to our website.
- When you have specifically requested to pass your contact details to a tradesman via our system.
- When you have left feedback about a tradesman and that tradesman asks us about your identity.
- If we are either compelled to do so by law, or in response to a valid, legally compliant request by a law enforcement or government body.
- In the very unlikely event that you should run up a debt with us that we are unable to recover, we reserve the right to pass your details on to a debt collection agency.
Data Protection Act
FindAGoodOne.com is registered with the Information Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act (1998). Our registration number is Z9491404.
Disclosure Of Information
Please contact us if you would like to know what information we are storing about you. We will send you a printed copy of the information we hold about you if you require it. This service is subject to an administration charge (currently £2.50, but this is subject to change and should be confirmed at the time the request is made). We may ask for proof of identity before providing you with any information requested and reserve the right to refuse to provide information if identity is not established to our satisfaction.